30 January 2016

Moved to Blogger

After putting up with it for 2 weeks, I couldn't stand the extra compression tumblr adds to everything. It handles this type of content particularly poorly. They also don't support the <video> tag. I'm now hosting html5 videos on dropbox and embedding them here. I have a bash script to do the encoding for me.

Here are the guts which take a png sequence and convert it to a YUV file which is used to make a webm which is used to make an mp4 for the Safari people.

png2yuv -I p -f 60 -b 1 -n $numFrames -j $input > $outputYuv
vpxenc  --good --cpu-used=0 --auto-alt-ref=1 --lag-in-frames=16 --end-usage=vbr --passes=2 --threads=2 --target-bitrate=3000 -o $outputWebm $outputYuv
ffmpeg -i $outputWebm -r $_frameRate -codec:v libx264 -preset slow -b:v 2500k -threads 0 -codec:a libfdk_aac -b:a 128k $outputMp4

No comments:

Post a Comment